Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Metaphysical fire...

I found this on Sarh Slean's website. I recently went to a concert of hers which was amazing. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Some fuel for your metaphysical fire. Shine bright fellow soldiers.

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

-Marianne Williamson (quoted by Nelson Mandela in his 1994 Inaugural Speech)


You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop and look fear in the face. You must do that which you think you cannot do.- Eleanor Roosevelt

"The more I learn of physics,. . . the more I'm drawn to metaphysics."-- Albert Einstein


"I decided early to give my life to something eternal and absolute. Not to these little gods that are here today and gone tomorrow, but to God who is the same yesterday, today,. . . and forever."-- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: